Day in and day out, a personal injury lawyer regularly handles quite a range of case types. In no particular order, here are ten of the most common types. In all of these incidents, the assistance of a Houston personal injury lawyer may be the best bet when a victim is seeking justice for his or her injuries.
1. Auto Accidents Automobile accidents occur not only when a vehicle collides with another vehicle, but also when a vehicle collides with an animal, a stationary object, or a person.
2. Defective Products Defective products can be highly dangerous. A product goes through a variety of stages before it finally reaches a consumer, and during that time—from design to manufacturing to labeling—many things can go wrong.
3. Dangerous or Defective Drugs Dangerous and defective drugs include both prescribed and over-the-counter drugs that may result in physical harm. Just because a drug has been approved by the FDA does not mean it is safe for all consumers.
4. Medical Malpractice Medical malpractice is when a medical professional deviates from accepted practices in the medical community, resulting in injury (or worse) for a patient.
5. Maritime Accidents The ocean is huge and a lot happens in it. Unfortunately, some of these happenings include many accidents on vessels at sea, from cranes stationed on ships to structures such as oil rigs.
6. Product Liability In product liability cases, a product manufacturer, product installer, or product seller may be liable for an injury or death due to a product defect.
7. Wrongful Deaths When an individual or group of individuals is responsible for the death of others by way of negligence or misconduct, this can yield a wrongful death claim. Claims such as these may stem from, for example, auto accidents, medical malpractice, or defective products.
8. Workplace Accidents Accidents in the workplace happen all the time, often resulting in psychological or physical injury.
9. Slip and Falls Property owners and custodians who do not keep their property in a state of good upkeep, maintenance, and repair are at risk of injuring others. Such cases can result in slips and falls, and subsequent injuries.
10. Dog Bites While most dog bites are harmless, others can result in injury and require medical treatment. In these cases, as with all others on this list, legal proceedings are complex, and getting the early assistance of a Houston accident lawyer might make the difference in the outcome.
Terry Bryant is Board Certified in personal injury trial law, which means his extensive knowledge of the law has been recognized by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, setting him apart from many other injury attorneys. The 22 years he spent as a Municipal Judge, Spring Valley Village, TX also provides him keen insight into the Texas court system. That experience also helps shape his perspective on personal injury cases and how they might resolve. This unique insight benefits his clients. [ Attorney Bio ]