the accident and injury law office of Terry Bryant 2022 Law School Scholarship is now closed.
The accident and injury law office of Terry Bryant is proud to announce the availability of a $2,500 scholarship to be awarded to a student who has been accepted to or is currently enrolled in an ABA- or AALS-accredited law school.
We believe that attorneys can be agents of change and advocates for those who deserve a voice. We’ve centered our practice around this philosophy, and we’re hopeful that tomorrow’s lawyers will continue this mission.
Who Will Be Awarded This Scholarship
America’s next generation of attorneys will represent people facing life’s biggest challenges, often against odds that seem insurmountable. We want to help one of these future advocates achieve their goal of becoming an attorney.
The $2,500 law school scholarship will be awarded to a future or current law student who can effectively and creatively tell us why they strive to become an attorney. We want to know what motivates candidates to practice law and what they plan to accomplish in their careers as attorneys.
The Terry Bryant Law School Scholarship is available to all future or current law school students, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. Applicants must have a cumulative college grade point average of at least 3.0 and must be currently attending or planning to enter a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the Association of American Law Schools (AALS).
What We’re Looking For
Applicants can tell their story via a written essay, video, or slideshow presentation. Materials requested must be received by midnight, June 1, 2022. We encourage honesty and creativity in submissions. Applicants can choose one of these three forms of submission:
- Video – The video must be less than 90 seconds long. A copy of the script must be included.
- If the video presentation option is chosen, please upload to a video hosting site (such as YouTube or Vimeo) and provide the URL in the space provided.
- Essay – An essay presentation must be typed, double-spaced, and 750 – 1,000 words.
- Slideshow PowerPoint Presentation – Slideshow presentations must be at least 15 slides long.
Applicants Should Submit:
- A fully completed application for entry
- A written essay, slideshow presentation, or video explaining their motivation for becoming an attorney and what they hope to accomplish as an advocate
- Verification of admission to or attendance of a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) or the Association of American Law Schools (AALS)
- An undergraduate transcript (either unofficial or official)
- The student’s LSAT score(s)
- At least two letters of recommendation that discuss the applicant’s achievements, academic potential, and involvement in their school and community. Letters of recommendation may be written by teachers, academic advisors, employers, coaches, school administrators, family friends, or religious leaders.
Please fill out the Application form below. All relevant materials must be uploaded via the website.
The accident and injury law office of Terry Bryant will choose a single winner with a team of judges representing the firm. To make their decision, the judges will weigh the presentation along with academic achievements, community and school activities, test scores, and letters of recommendation. Each presentation will be judged on the quality of thought and discussion of the chosen topic. Presentations containing profane or inappropriate material, as well as presentations submitted after June 1, 2022, are prohibited. Presentations must also be free of copyrighted content and must be supported with cited sources.
The decision of the judging team is final, and the winning applicant will be notified by telephone. The winning applicant will receive a $2,500 scholarship in the form of a single installment. Checks will be made out to the student and the law school they plan to attend.
All entry materials submitted by applicants, including all copyright and trademark rights, become the property of Terry Bryant PLLC once submitted. Applicants who submit entry materials associated with the law school scholarship contest acknowledge Terry Bryant’s rights to display, distribute, modify, publish, reproduce, and promote the content without compensation to the applicant or anyone else. No submissions will be returned to applicants.
Use of personal information
The law school scholarship winner, finalists, and honorable mentions, and their legal guardians agree to consent to the use of their name, their content, their photo, the name of their school, and their area of residence, as well as any award information for promotional purposes without additional compensation.
The deadline for the law school scholarship is midnight on June 1, 2022.
By submitting an application for the Terry Bryant Law School Scholarship, you agree to hold Terry Bryant PLLC and its employees harmless from any liability associated with the scholarship contest or the award selection process and related marketing of the scholarship. Terry Bryant reserves the right to use all photographs and content submitted for the contest.