How Our Texas Personal Injury Attorneys Help You
Why Choose Us
Texas laws regarding personal injury cases can be complicated, and insurance companies often attempt to deny claims or pay out the lowest amount possible, but an experienced personal injury lawyer will take all steps necessary for winning optimum compensation. There are many lawyers out there, but we believe Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law is your best choice. Here are some reasons why:
- We have more than 35+ years of experience.
- We get results and have recovered $1 Billion for our clients. Visit our client victories page to read about real cases — and real money — the dedicated attorneys at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law have won.
- We know how to deal with insurance companies and can often win a settlement through negotiations, without having to go to trial.
- We provide great customer service and are available 24/7 for client emergencies.
- Terry Bryant and two additional attorneys are board certified.
- We have a 98% positive group of satisfied clients who give testimonials to our service.
- We are recognized in our field — our law firm has received the Better Business Bureau’s Winner of Distinction Award multiple times.
- We offer free initial consultations to get you started.
- We have the resources of a skilled legal team, investigators, and expert witnesses.
- We offer a No-Fee Guarantee, which means you pay us nothing unless you get your money.
At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we have years of experience successfully holding responsible parties accountable for damages due to their negligence — and winning money for our clients. Let us do the same for you.
What We Do
When you hire our Texas personal injury lawyers, we will start working for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to hear about how the accident happened, determine who the responsible parties were, and how your injuries affect your life
- Determine whether you have a valid case and what kind of settlement to ask for by calculating the true costs of your injury
- Demand payment from insurance companies and negligent parties
- Make sure you get proper medical treatment and everything is documented
- Investigate your case and gather evidence to determine such as from photos, videos, medical records and police reports and interviews with witnesses and first responders
- Get testimony from experts as to the harm you received and how it affects your life and family
- File all necessary paperwork and correspond with insurance companies, negligent parties, and their attorneys
- Conduct research of relevant laws and similar cases
- Prepare compelling presentations that reflect your experience and demonstrate the extent of your damages
- Depose witnesses that can provide vital information and prepare extensively for each deposition
- Keep you informed of developments in your case and answer any questions you have along the way
- Work hard to get a result that reflects your damages
- Handle negotiations for a fair settlement with insurance companies and other attorneys to avoid going to court
- Build your case and take it to trial if necessary.
At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we use all necessary resources to achieve successful outcomes for our clients. Not only do we handle the daily processes required with a claim, we go the extra mile to ensure our clients understand what is going on with their case. Terry Bryant is board certified in personal injury, as well as being a former judge. Our team is handpicked for their work ethic, skill, knowledge, and ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. We know the courts, the judges, and the system, and how to fight for the settlement you deserve.
Call us today at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000.
Damage Awards Our Texas Personal Injury Attorney May Win
Through personal injury claims you can demand payment for damages, which are the costs you face due to an accident and injury. In Texas, you can seek compensation for both your economic damages or financial losses, and also your “non-economic” damages as follows:
Economic damages may include:
- medical and rehabilitative bills
- lost wages and earnings
- property damage
- costs of modifying a home or vehicle, such as for a wheelchair
- funeral costs in case of death.
Noneconomic damages cover damages that don’t have a specific monetary value, but negatively impact your life, such as:
- pain and suffering
- emotional mental anguish
- loss of companionship or consortium
Punitive damages – In some rare cases, punitive damages may also be awarded. These are intended to punish a defendant who acted in an especially reckless or egregious manner and to deter such behaviors in the future.
Amounts of Damage Awards
There are a wide range of damages amounts that may be awarded for personal injury, from thousands to millions of dollars. Amounts you may receive depend on the circumstances of the case and factors that include:
- the severity and permanence of your injuries
- whether you will need continuing care
- the amount of property damage and the costs you incur
- loss of income from being unable to work
- the availability of insurance and assets of the defendants
- the individual judge and jury involved
- how well your attorney can negotiate a settlement or litigate your case.
These are broad categories of damages that include many of the costs you face. At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we work with our clients to find out the true costs of an injury, so we can be sure that we demand payment that meets their needs.
Texas Personal Injury Lawyers Understand Negligence
A key part of personal injury cases is the concept of negligence — when someone acts carelessly or without regard to the safety of others. To win your case, our Texas personal injury attorneys would have to show that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and at fault for causing the accident that injured you. This means showing the following legal elements:
- Duty: The defendant had a duty not to cause harm.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty by actions or failure to act.
- Cause: This breach caused your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages as a result.
The drunk driver who hits a pedestrian is negligent in their role as a driver. A doctor who ignores clear warning signs that a patient is seriously ill is negligent in their role in providing adequate healthcare. Negligence comes in many forms, and it is the basis for most personal injury claims.
If you’ve been hurt and you seek the assistance of a lawyer in a personal injury case, it will not be left up to you to determine who was acting negligently. Our Texas personal injury attorneys will investigate your case, determine who was negligent, and fight on your behalf to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
In some cases, there may be more than one negligent party, and our attorneys would seek to identify them all and name them as defendants in the case, as they all may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement.
The Basics of Personal Injury Law
How Do Personal Injuries Happen?
People suffer injuries in many different ways. When an injury is minor and no one is at fault, the injured person recovers and goes about their life. It’s when a person suffers a serious, costly injury through the fault of someone else that they typically look at their legal options. Many of these serious injuries are the basis for personal injury claims, such as:
How a Personal Injury Impacts Victims
Why a Personal Injury Claim Can Help
While injuries are often painful and cause a great deal of physical and emotional suffering, the impact of that injury isn’t limited to just physical and mental harm. Injuries are expensive. They can lead to extensive medical treatment, which can quickly become a financial burden. They can also lead to significant time lost at work and, in some cases, they can limit a person’s ability to earn income. The loss of wages makes paying medical bills and meeting other costs of living even more challenging for an injured person.
These costs are just a few of the reasons that people file personal injury claims. A claim won’t take away someone’s pain, but it will help them avoid the terrible financial consequences that follow in the wake of a major injury. By filing a claim, victims can earn compensation that helps them and their families cope with the fallout of a serious accident.
Texas Personal Injury Lawyers Answer Your Questions
When dealing with a serious personal injury, it’s natural to have questions and concerns. While these are best addressed at your free consultation, to get you started, here are some answers to questions our attorneys are often asked:
Are there time limits for filing?
Yes, Texas has statutes of limitation, which are deadlines for filing cases, after which the courts are unlikely to hear your case. Under Texas law (CPRC Chapter 16, section 16003), personal injury claims must generally be filed within 2 years after an injury occurred. If the injury resulted in a wrongful death, the claim must be filed within 2 years of the death. (*Always speak directly to an attorney for the exact deadlines that apply to your potential claim(s).)
How long will my personal injury case take?
The length of time it takes to resolve a case varies considerably. Some cases will be resolved within a few months, while others might take a few years. In general, cases that can be resolved through negotiation take less time than those that go to court, and if a case is relatively simple, without many damages, it may resolve faster than one that is complicated, with multiple defendants and victims. It’s always best to take legal action sooner rather than later, and, in some cases, waiting to file a claim can affect your ability to get adequate compensation.
Should I speak to insurance companies?
No, insurance companies are not your friend; they are out for profit and want to pay out as little as possible. They may use tactics such as getting you to accept a quick settlement for less than your case is worth or trying to get you to admit something that indicates you were at fault for the accident. Tell the insurance company to speak to your attorney and let our personal injury lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law handle all dealings and negotiations with insurance companies.
How much does it cost to hire a Texas personal injury lawyer?
The good news is that it costs nothing up front to hire our personal injury lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law. We offer free consultations where you’ll be able to meet with our team to tell us the details of your situation, and you are under no obligation to move forward. If you do decide to have us represent you, there are no fees to you unless and until we win a settlement for you, and then costs are taken out of the award. With our No Fee Guarantee, we put clients in a position where they have the large, experienced team without the fear of incurring huge legal fees.
At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we are available to answer your questions as they arise, and will be there for you throughout the entire legal process. Call us today at (713) 973-8888.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Texas Handle Many Types of Injuries
No matter what type of accident caused your injury, the legal team at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law is here to help. We know that people filing personal injury claims have typically suffered some of the most painful, serious injuries imaginable. Some of the most common injuries we deal with in personal injury cases include:
Trial vs. Settlement in Personal Injury Claims
One of the most frequently asked questions about the personal injury claim process is: Will my case be settled or go to trial?
Whether your case is resolved through settlement or goes to trial depends on several factors, including…
- The complexity of the case
- The amount being sought in damages
- The number of parties involved in the case
- Whether an insurance company is willing to pay a fair amount.
At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we believe that it is best to prepare every case to go to trial, even if it is eventually settled. This lets the other side know we are serious and willing to take a case all the way. Preparing a case thoroughly is in the best interests of our clients, and we approach each situation with the same thorough process of case-building.
Get Help from Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Texas
Our Texas Personal Injury Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury and you want compensation, contact an experienced personal injury attorney at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law. Terry Bryant has been practicing law since 1985. He is a former judge and is Board Certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is ready to bring his wealth of knowledge and experience to your case. He and his handpicked legal team make sure that clients are treated fairly and that they get the compensation they deserve.
We believe our job is to get justice for our clients — and we take it seriously. We combine a deep knowledge of the law, years of experience in negotiation and litigation, a compassionate approach to our clients, and the tenacity to go up against large corporations — and we win.
Call us now at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000 to get started.