Experiencing any kind of injury can be detrimental, but even more so if it was caused by someone or something else. Injuries may not only leave you facing physical challenges but perhaps financial distress as well.
If you’ve been injured, Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law is ready to hear your story, and then do all we can to help you and your family.
What Is a “Personal Injury?”
Personal injury law focuses on cases arising from an individual suffering an injury or harm due to another’s negligent or intentional actions. There are many kinds of instances giving rise to personal injury actions, but the most common typically involve auto accidents, on-the-job injuries, and premises claims.
If you’ve suffered an injury at the hands of another or after the use of a product, you may be eligible to recover financially. Do not hesitate to discuss your case with an experienced Rosenberg personal injury attorney.
There are Many Different Types of Personal Injury Claims
“Personal injury” is very broad, encompassing many different types of cases. Our personal injury lawyers handle a multitude of personal injury claims, including:
- Car/truck/motorcycle accidents
- Spinal injuries
- Brain injuries
- Work Injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Defective devices
- Product liability
- Prescription drug injury
- Wrongful death.
After suffering an injury, it is best to discuss your case with one of our attorneys. At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we have experience with handling cases in Rosenberg. We are ready to begin working on your behalf.
We understand the Rosenberg area. As recently as the 1990s, the town, which was named for a South Texas railroad baron, was a fairly isolated rural community. But as Houston continues to grow, Rosenberg has become a popular bedroom community for commuters. The east-west traffic in Greater Houston is not nearly as bad as the north-south traffic. Additionally, Rosenberg has good schools and, as long as you do not live too close to the freeways, a small-town atmosphere. Also, there are many recreational and cultural opportunities in Rosenberg, like Seabourne Creek Nature Park and the Rosenberg Railroad Museum.
Establishing the Elements of Your Personal Injury Case
At one time or another, we all might cause property damage or physical injury. When that happens, we should take responsibility for our mistakes. That’s the essence of a personal injury claim in Texas.
Negligence, which is basically a lack of care, is a little different from a mistake. Legally, a personal injury case has four basic elements:
- Duty: Most individuals and property owners have a duty of reasonable care. Motorists must drive defensively, and property owners must ensure their property is reasonably safe. A higher duty of care applies in some cases, such as commercial vehicle collisions and professional negligence, like medical malpractice.
- Breach: Drivers beach the duty of care when they break a traffic law, fail to properly take care of their vehicles, or drive while impaired. Property owners breach the duty of care if their carelessness leads to injury. Professionals breach the duty of care if their behavior falls below the acceptable standard of care.
- Cause: Victim/plaintiffs must establish factual and legal cause. Factual cause is basically a connection between the breach and the damages. Legal cause is basically foreseeability (possibility). If Jim falls at a supermarket and a doctor makes a medical mistake during surgery, only the initial fall injury was foreseeable to the supermarket.
- Damages: Victims must sustain tangible personal injury, property damage, or other loss to file negligence claims. Near-miss accidents and other such things, though unsettling, are not legally negligent.
Compensation in a personal injury case usually includes money for economic losses (such as medical bills) and noneconomic losses (such as pain and suffering). Additional punitive damages might be available as well, in a few extreme cases.
Determining negligence is one of the most important parts of your case. Your Rosenberg personal injury attorney will thoroughly investigate and build your case to help get you on the path to financial recovery.
How a Rosenberg Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Our personal injury lawyer serving Rosenberg will work with you every step of the way to help get you a successful outcome. From beginning to end, you can count on your attorney to do whatever is necessary to fight for your rights and help you recover financially.
Personal injury cases can be daunting and confusing, but your lawyer is well-equipped to handle anything that comes your way. Your attorney will give you peace of mind and allow you to focus on your physical recovery while they work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve.
We know the Rosenberg area. If you suffer an injury because of the negligence of a motorist or someone else, we are ready to do all that we can to help you.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
Consult with Our Fort Bend County Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law has had the pleasure of providing clients with exceptional legal representation since 1985. We put you, the client, first, making you feel confident in your decision to work with us. Our team strives to provide top-notch customer service, making our clients feel seen and heard. We serve clients throughout the Houston area; if you’ve been in an accident in Rosenberg, turn to us for help.
If you’ve suffered an injury, call us now at (713) 973-8888 for your free case review with one of our Rosenberg personal injury attorneys.