Experiencing any kind of injury can be detrimental, but even more so if it was caused by someone or something else. Injuries may not only leave you facing physical challenges but perhaps financial distress as well.
If you’ve been injured, Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law is ready to hear your story – and then do all that we can to try to help you and your family.
What Is a “Personal Injury?”
Personal injury law focuses on cases arising from an individual suffering an injury or harm due to another’s negligent or intentional actions. There are many kinds of instances giving rise to personal injury actions, but the most common typically involve car crashes, employee injuries, and slip-and-falls.
If you’ve suffered an injury at the hands of another or after the use of a product, you may be eligible to recover financially. Do not hesitate to discuss your case with a qualified Richmond personal injury attorney.
There are Many Different Types of Personal Injury Claims
“Personal injury” is very broad, encompassing many different types of cases. Our personal injury lawyers handle a multitude of personal injury claims, including:
- Car/truck/motorcycle accidents
- Spinal injuries
- Brain injuries
- Work Injuries (e.g. nonsubscriber claims)
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Defective devices
- Product liability
- Prescription drug injury
- Wrongful death.
After suffering an injury, our attorneys are here to help you understand your potential claims. At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we routinely handle personal injury cases in Richmond. And we are ready to begin working on your behalf.
We understand the Richmond area. This community was one of only 19 cities originally chartered by the Republic of Texas (ROT). Many prominent early Texans, including ROT President Mirabeau B. Lamar, Texas Revolution leader Erastus “Deaf” Smith, and the “Mother of Texas” Jane Long, are buried in Richmond. Additionally, the town had one of the longest-tenured mayors in Texas history. Hilmar Moore held this office from 1949 until 2012!
Richmond is not just a regional cultural center. It’s also a regional commercial center. The Fort Bend County adult jail, juvenile detention center, sheriff’s office, probation office, and criminal courthouse are all located in Richmond. Additionally, the Texas Department of Corrections operates one of the largest prisons in the state on the outskirts of town.
Because of all these things, Richmond’s population has almost tripled in recent decades. With so many more people in the area, the chances of someone else causing an injury for you because of their negligent behavior will increase.
Establishing the Elements for Your Personal Injury Case
If you’ve been injured, one of the very first things you may be wondering is whether you have a claim for personal injury. To be able to receive compensation from a personal injury claim, you must first establish the elements for negligence. There are basically four elements in a negligence case:
- Duty: Typically, motorists have a legal responsibility to drive defensively and obey the rules of the road. Property owners have a similar legal responsibility. They must normally ensure that their property is safe, and they must conduct frequent safety inspections. Some professionals, such as doctors, have a higher duty of care.
- Breach: Essentially, a breach of duty is a lack of care. Not every misstep is a breach of duty. For example, if one driver looks away from the road to adjust the radio and hits another driver, most jurors would say that his behavior did not constitute a breach of duty. But if the driver was using a cell phone prior to the wreck, that’s different.
- Cause: In a negligence claim, cause has both factual and legal meanings. Factual cause is what Richmond personal injury lawyers call “but for” causation, as in the injury wouldn’t have happened “but for” the party’s negligence. Legal cause usually means foreseeability (possibility).
- Damages: Usually, victims must sustain physical injury in order to recover compensation. A near-miss car accident is usually not actionable in court. However, such victims might still have legal options, under a theory like negligent infliction of emotional distress.
A Richmond personal injury lawyer must prove each element of a case by a preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not).
Determining negligence is one of the most important parts of your case. Your Richmond personal injury attorney will thoroughly investigate and build your case to help get you on the path to financial recovery.
How a Richmond Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Our personal injury lawyer serving Fort Bend County will work with you every step of the way to help get you a successful outcome. From beginning to end, you can count on your attorney to do whatever is necessary to fight for your rights and help you recover financially.
Personal injury cases can be daunting and confusing, but your lawyer is well-equipped to handle anything that comes your way. Your attorney will give you peace of mind and allow you to focus on your physical recovery while they work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve.
We know the Richmond area. If you suffer an injury because of the negligence of a motorist or someone else while preparing for a day of activity in updated Downtown Richmond, Wessendorff Park, Richmond City Park, or Medical Park, we are ready to help.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
Consult with Our Richmond Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law has had the pleasure of providing clients with exceptional legal representation since 1985. We put you, the client, first, making you feel confident in your decision to work with us. Our team strives to provide top-notch customer service, making our clients feel seen and heard. We serve clients throughout the entire Houston area; if you’ve been in an accident in Fort Bend County, turn to us for help.
Call us now at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000 for a free and confidential consultation. You deserve justice!