Our Vehicle Accident Lawyers Fight for Compensation
Vehicle accidents are all too common on Texas roads and can result in devastating, life-changing injuries or death. Survivors of severe accidents can be left traumatized and dealing with tremendous pain and suffering, at a time they are unable to work and medical and household costs keep mounting. Financial losses can easily exceed the limits of a car insurance policy, and getting financial costs covered may require filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the parties who were at fault for causing the crash.
If you or a loved one was injured or someone has died in a vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. However, winning fair compensation can be difficult, and making mistakes can be costly. Texas personal injury law is complicated; insurance companies will try to get you to settle for as little as possible, and there are time limits for filing. At this difficult time, it can help to have an experienced vehicle accident lawyer on your side.
At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we know the laws, the courts and the tactics the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying. After a serious vehicle accident, we are fully prepared to handle all legal requirements, investigations, and negotiations needed to fight for the compensation you deserve. We have helped thousands of clients with personal injury claims, and will do the same for you.
Terry Bryant is a former judge and has over 35 years of experience in these types of cases. Let us put our experience to work for you. We offer a free consultation to discuss your vehicle accident and determine the best way to handle it. There are no fees to you unless you win your case, so do not delay.
Call us today at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000 to schedule a free consultation regarding your vehicle accident incident.
How Our Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Houston Can Help
Why Choose Us?
Around 180 vehicle accidents occur every day Houston, TX. While many are small fender-benders, several cause serious injury and death and lead to personal injury cases to hold the negligent parties accountable. Not all lawyers are equal, and it is important for you to find one who you feel comfortable with and who has the experience and resources to investigate, build, and win your vehicle accident case. Here are some reasons why we believe Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law is your best choice:
- We have more than 35 years of experience.
- We get results, and have recovered $1 billion dollars for our clients. Visit our client victories page to read about real cases, such as the $10.6 million settlement we recovered in a head-on car wreck.
- Terry Bryant and two additional attorneys are board certified.
- We have a 98% positive group of satisfied clients who give testimonials to our service.
- We are recognized in our field — our law firm has received the Better Business Bureau’s Winner of Distinction Award multiple times.
- We have the resources of a skilled legal team, investigators, and expert witnesses to go up against a large trucking or insurance company.
- We provide great customer service and are available 24/7 for client emergencies.
- We offer free initial consultations to get you started.
- We offer a No-Fee Guarantee, which means you pay us nothing unless you get your money.
Here’s what our Houston vehicle accident lawyers will do to pursue justice for you:
- Meet with you to discuss how the vehicle accident happened, who the negligent parties may be, and determine approximately how much your case should be worth
- Investigate the crash and gather evidence, such as from photos and videos from traffic cameras, damage to vehicles, police and medical records
- Interview witnesses, police officers, and first responders to get all available information
- Hire experts to reconstruct the accident and testify as to all parties who might have been at fault
- Thoroughly assess all damages, including current and future medical bills, all forms of lost income, damaged property, and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering
- Hire experts to testify as to how the accident affects your life, and that of your family, and the costs that resulted and projected costs into the future
- Negotiate with insurance companies and their attorneys for a fair settlement
- Build your case and present it in front of a judge or jury if your case goes to trial.
Insurance companies have a team of attorneys, accident investigators, and expert witnesses working to protect them. Our Houston truck accident attorney have the knowledge and resources to go up against them. Whether you were injured in a car wreck, motorcycle accident, truck accident, or another type of vehicle collision, we can help.
Call our vehicle accident lawyers at Terry Bryant Injury & Accident Law today at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000.
Damages Our Houston Vehicle Accident Lawyer May Recover
Negligent parties should be held responsible for the damages they do to others. In a successful lawsuit, our Houston vehicle attorneys may win a monetary award, also called damages, for the injuries that resulted from the crash. In Texas, damage awards should cover both your economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages, also called Special Damages, are for your monetary expenses, including:
- Medical and rehabilitation bills and continuing care
- Lost wages, current and projected into the future
- Property damages from the accident
- Modifications to your home or vehicle, such as to accommodate a wheelchair.
Non-economic damages, also called General Damages, are to compensate you for losses that do not have a specific dollar value, but negatively affect your life, including:
- Physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering
- Permanent disability, disfigurement, and scarring
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of quality of life.
To qualify for non-economic damages in Texas, you must have had physical injury and costs as well as pain and suffering.
In some rare situations, where the crash was caused by actions that were wantonly reckless and negligent, you may also be awarded punitive damages. Texas law (C.P.R.C. Title 2 Subchapter C Sec. 41.008) caps the amounts of punitive damages.
Vehicle Accident Attorney Must Prove Negligence
Proving negligence is an essential part of an injury case. Everyone who gets behind the wheel of a vehicle has an obligation to follow the rules of the road, drive safely, and avoid harming others. If they fail to do so and cause an accident, they can be held liable.
To win your case, our vehicle accident attorney must prove that another party was negligent and at fault for causing the accident. Proving negligence legally means showing the existence of the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant had a duty not to cause harm.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty by actions or failure to act.
- Cause: This breach caused your injuries.
When investigating, our legal team will look for all parties who contributed to your motor vehicle accident. In addition to another driver, negligent parties may include:
- The manufacturer of a vehicle or its parts, if these were defective and failed
- The mechanic who failed to fix your vehicle properly
- A road repair company that left debris in the road or failed to put up warnings of dangerous conditions
- The company that owned a commercial vehicle that crashed into you.
We would hold all negligent parties liable as they all may have insurance and assets that can go toward a settlement.
What Caused Your Car, Motorcycle, Bus, Jet Ski, Airplane, or Train Accident?
Nearly all vehicle accidents are the result of mistakes. In many cases, one single crash can be caused by several factors. For example, if a drunk driver is texting while driving and causes a serious vehicle crash, the crash is both an impaired driving accident and a distracted driving accident.
These are some common causes of vehicle crashes:
Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Houston Answers FAQs
After a vehicle accident, you are bound to have questions and concerns. These are best addressed in your free consultation, but to get started, here are some answers our attorneys are often asked:
Are there time limits for filing a vehicle case?
Yes, Texas has a statute of limitations, a deadline for filing lawsuits. According to Texas law (C.P.R.C. Sec. 16.003), you generally have two years to file a lawsuit from the date of the accident. If you do not file on time, the courts are likely to refuse to hear your case, so call our Houston vehicle accident attorneys as soon as possible.
*Always speak directly to an attorney for the exact deadlines that apply to your potential claim(s).
Should I talk to insurance companies?
No. In general, the less you say to insurance companies, the better. Insurance companies are out for profit and may try to get you to accept a quick settlement for less than your case is worth, which means you may not collect anything additional should your injuries worsen over time. They may also try to get you to say something that indicates you were at fault for the accident. Tell the insurance company to speak to your attorney and let our vehicle attorneys handle all dealings and negotiations with insurance companies.
What Amount of Damage Awards Will I Receive?
There are a wide range of damage awards possible in a successful vehicle case, ranging from the thousands to millions of dollars, depending on the individual circumstances of the case. Consideration will be made for factors such as the severity and permanence of injuries, the actual costs involved, and the availability of insurance coverage and assets of the defendants. Our Houston vehicle accident attorneys will examine all factors involved to determine what a fair settlement should be.
What if I did something to contribute to the accident?
According to Texas law (C.P.R.C. Section 33.001), even if you did something to contribute to the accident, you can still get a settlement, as long as you are not found to be greater than 50% at fault. However, your settlement will be reduced by the percentage that you are found to be at fault.
When you have Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law on your side, we will be there to keep you informed and answer all your questions throughout the entire legal process. Call us today at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000.
Common Injuries in a Car or Vehicle Accident in Houston, TX
Vehicle crash-related injuries can range from minor bumps and bruises to disabilities and death. Here are some of the most serious injuries a crash victim may suffer in a vehicle accident:
- Multiple bone fractures – Crashes that cause breaks to multiple bones can lead to permanent physical impairment. Examples include wrist, ankle or hip fractures.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Vehicle crashes are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. These injuries can lead to difficulties with memory, speech, learning, and other cognitive functions.
- Spinal cord injuries – The spinal cord is a vital part of the human anatomy, carrying messages to and from the brain and dictating virtually all bodily functions. One single, serious blow can disrupt a person’s basic bodily functions and cause permanent disability.
- Paralysis – Paralysis is often the result of a spinal cord injury. It severely limits a person’s quality of life and impacts their ability to perform basic functions and earn an income.
- Loss of limbs or amputations – The loss of a limb is a painful, traumatic experience. It often leads to expensive ongoing medical treatment and a diminished work capacity.
- Burns – Burns are perhaps the most painful experience a person can suffer. They are also extremely costly to treat.
- Organ damage – Internal injuries are dangerous because they are usually difficult to detect immediately following a crash. They can lead to a complete shutdown of vital bodily functions and are often fatal
- Wrongful death – When a negligent driver causes the death of another person, the impact on surviving family members is crippling. Families experience incredible emotional pain and suffering, in addition to dealing with the fallout of medical bills and end-of-life costs.
Texas Vehicle Crashes: Statistics and Legal Assistance Infographic
When a negligent driver causes a victim serious harm, the law provides a path for that victim to receive compensation for the costs of their injury. Personal injury claims can help a victim win payment for pain, suffering, medical costs, property damage, and lost income in a vehicle crash. Surviving family members of a deceased vehicle crash victim can take similar measures by filing wrongful death claims.
These legal tools are invaluable to a victim and their loved ones. While no amount of money will make a seriously injured person whole again, these claims offer the opportunity to have financial stability that would otherwise be impossible in the wake of a life-altering injury.
Get Legal Help from a Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
Injuries from a vehicle accident are not just painful and traumatic — they also have a very real impact on a person’s financial livelihood. Severe injuries lead to thousands of dollars in medical care, lost hours at work, loss of work capacity and several other economic repercussions. These expenses hit an accident victim when they are at their most vulnerable. Coping with the costs are even more difficult when they limit a person’s ability to earn a steady income.
The Houston vehicle accident attorneys at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law understand what you are going through and have decades of experience handling these types of cases. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a vehicle crash in Texas, our team will work tirelessly on your behalf, fighting for your best interests and making sure that your rights are protected.
Contact Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law today at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000 to schedule a free consultation for your case. With our no-fee guarantee, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain if we win your case.