Our Fire Accident Lawyer Helps Win Compensation
Fire accidents are tragic occurrences that may lead to destruction of property and devastating burn injuries that cause tremendous pain, scarring and disfigurement, disability, the long-term need for care, and death. Survivors may be left dealing with continuing pain and suffering and unable to work at a time when medical and household bills keep mounting. The situation is all the more tragic when the fire would not have happened except for someone else’s negligence or fault.
If you or a loved one was injured or someone has died in a fire accident due to the negligence of another party, you should consult with a fire accident injury lawyer as soon as possible to see if you may be entitled to compensation. While no amount of money can take away the suffering that comes from a disastrous fire, a successful lawsuit can bring a settlement that will help cover expenses for your medical and rehabilitative bills, as well as the non-tangible costs such as pain and suffering that a severe burn injury can bring. Negligent parties should be held responsible for the damage they cause and serve as an example to prevent such occurrences in the future.
The Houston fire accident lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law are dedicated to fighting for a settlement that will provide justice for the harm you suffered and also compensation to cover your losses and the care you and your family will need to move forward and rebuild your lives. We know that dealing with a lawsuit at this difficult time can be overwhelming. Let us relieve your stress by handling the legal hurdles, investigations, and negotiations, so you can concentrate on your recovery.
We provide a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the facts of your individual situation and determine the best way to proceed. We have a “no-fee-guarantee” policy, so you pay nothing unless and until we win a settlement for you, so call us today to get started.
FREE CONSULT (713) 973-8888 or TOLL-FREE 1 (800) 444-5000
How Our Houston Fire and Explosion Attorney Helps You
Why Choose Us
There are many attorneys in Houston, and you should search for one you not only feel comfortable with, but one who has the resources and experience with fire and explosion accidents to research and build your case get you the benefits you deserve. Here are some reasons why we think Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law is your best choice:
- We have more than 35 years of experience.
- We get results, and have recovered $1 billion dollars for our clients. Visit our client victories page to read about real cases, such as the $2.06 million settlement as a result of a refinery explosion, that the dedicated attorneys at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law won.
- Terry Bryant and two additional attorneys are board certified.
- We have a 98% positive group of satisfied clients who give testimonials to our service.
- We are recognized in our field; our law firm has received the Better Business Bureau’s Winner of Distinction Award multiple times.
- We know the methods employers and insurers use to withhold payment to injured workers and how to make sure that doesn’t happen to our clients.
- We are available 24/7 when you need us.
- We offer a No-Fee Guarantee, which means you pay us nothing unless you get your money.
When you have our fire accident lawyers on your side, we will get to work for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to get the facts about the fire and determine who the at-fault parties may be and what your case may be worth.
- Investigate your case to find the cause of the fire and gather evidence such as from photos and videos, and police, fire department, safety inspection, and medical reports.
- Interview witnesses, firefighters, and first responders.
- Thoroughly assess all your damages, including current and future expected medical and rehabilitation bills, all forms of lost income, and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
- Take care of all legal requirements in a timely manner, including filing all paperwork, making court appearances, and handling appeals.
- Hire experts to reconstruct the fire accident and experts to testify as to the extent of your damages, the costs, and the care you will need into the future.
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies and opposition attorneys for maximum compensation.
- Build your case and fight to win full and fair compensation for your injuries in court.
Our fire injury attorneys know that along with the pain and physical problems, a severe burn brings emotional issues and major fears and worries. Our Terry Bryant legal team can address and alleviate these concerns. Let us do the work to get you and your family the best settlement possible by handling all aspects of your fire injury lawsuit.
GET HELP NOW (713) 973-8888, OR TOLL-FREE 1 (800) 444-5000
Compensation our Fire and Explosion Accident Lawyer May Recover
A fire accident can be caused by many hazards, such as a propane tank, a defective product, a vehicle crash, or poor workplace safety, so it is important to discover the cause and what parties may have been negligent so we can determine whether filing a negligence lawsuit or workers’ compensation claim, or both, is the best path to compensation. If you were severely burned in a work accident that occurred while you were on the job, you may be able to recover damages through a workers’ compensation claim instead of a negligence lawsuit, unless there was negligence by your employer or a third party that caused the accident. If a lawsuit is feasible, a settlement would generally cover much more than the medical expenses and percentage of lost wages that workers’ comp provides.
In a successful fire accident negligence lawsuit, our attorneys can help win a settlement that covers both your monetary losses and your non-economic damages. These may include:
- Current and future medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of continuing care
- Property damaged by the fire
- Past and future lost wages
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of life’s pleasures, quality of life, and consortium.
In some rare cases, where the fire was caused by gross or willful negligence, you may also be awarded punitive damages, which are meant to punish a defendant that acted in a particularly reckless and reprehensible manner.
Because burns frequently leave permanent complications, lifelong expenses, and even disfiguring scars, settlements tend to be higher when burns are present and may range from the thousands to millions of dollars, depending on the circumstances of the case. Fire is capable of damaging tissue all the way to the bone, leaving the victim with intense, chronic pain, loss of limb mobility, numbness, secondary infections, and disfiguring scars. Expensive long-term physical therapy and several cosmetic surgeries may be required to restore some quality of life. In general, the worse the damage and the more permanent the effects, the more the victim may be able to recover; and if there are scars present in a visible place, such as the face, the settlement will need to be higher to offset the emotional and psychological damages.
Because damages can be so severe and high settlement amounts are at stake, it is especially important to have an experienced fire injury attorney on your side to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Fire And Explosion Accident Lawyer Must Prove Negligence
Proving negligence is an essential part of any injury lawsuit. To do so, our fire accident attorneys must show the existence of the following elements:
- Duty. The defendant owed you a duty to take reasonable care not to cause you harm.
- Breach. The defendant breached this duty and failed to exercise this care by actions or failure to act.
- Cause. The breach of duty caused the fire or explosion and led to your injuries.
- Damages. You suffered damages as a result.
Fire and explosion accidents must be investigated thoroughly to show how they were caused. When an investigation shows someone else’s negligence caused the accident, that party should be held responsible for damages you suffered. If the fire resulted in the death of a close family member, survivors may file a wrongful death claim. This is similar to a negligence lawsuit, but the settlement goes to the survivors or estate of the deceased to compensate for the losses suffered as a result of the death.
What Are Some Common Causes of a Fire Accident?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), local fire departments responded to 1,353,500 fires in 2021. These fires caused 3,800 civilian deaths, 14,700 civilian injuries and $15.9 billion in property damage. Fire can break out nearly anywhere, but there are some settings where it is a particular danger. These situations include:
- Workplaces where heavy machinery or industrial equipment is involved. Both heavy machinery and industrial equipment rely on sophisticated electronics to function, and any electrical fault can throw a spark that may produce a flame. Employers must maintain their machinery and train workers how to operate them safely, to ensure that this does not happen.
- Factories that produce some form of dust as a byproduct. Facilities that work with wood, paper, or other materials that can form dust are at a constant risk of a fire accident if there is not an active dust removal system in place. Suspended dust, no matter its composition, can produce an explosive conflagration in the presence of an open flame, and such disasters usually result in catastrophic injuries.
- Defective products that are either flammable or made with poor-quality electronics. Clothing and appliances, in particular, must be thoroughly tested before they are put on store shelves. In fact, any item that is expected to be anywhere close to a flame must be tested for safety. However, poor appliance wiring can create sparks and fuel a flame, while poor clothing materials may be dangerously flammable. In both cases, the manufacturers will be liable.
- Vehicle crashes, especially when fuel or other flammable liquids are spilled. A vehicle wreck can create unpredictable injuries and effects; if a fuel tank is ruptured or if the crash involves a truck carrying hazardous materials, a flame can quickly ignite. If a driver is trapped in their vehicle or rendered unconscious, injuries can be extremely severe.
A fire accident has greater settlement potential, as burn injuries often take away a victim’s quality of life to a significant degree. Second and third degree burns often leave terrible scars, and if these scars are readily apparent, then the settlement will usually be higher due to emotional damages. Burn injuries can leave a victim with chronic pain or loss of mobility as well, both of which will necessitate ongoing physical therapy.
These factors will all have to be accounted for when a settlement is pursued, and the skill of your attorney to negotiate a fair settlement or present your case at trial makes a difference.
Get Help from Our Houston Fire and Explosion Accident Attorney
Fire accidents are complicated, proving fault can be difficult, insurance companies will try to deny claims and get you to settle for the lowest amount possible, and making mistakes can be costly. For all these reasons, it is extremely difficult to fight for compensation on your own, especially when struggling to recover from a severe burn injury.
At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we have more than 35 years of experience fighting for the rights of injured burn victims. We understand how difficult your situation is and are fully prepared to take the burden off you and handle all aspects of your case that go into winning the compensation you deserve. We have the resources necessary to work closely with investigators as they gather evidence, review reports and photos, and speak with expert witnesses, and to build a strong case on your behalf. Let our experience and knowledge of the law work to help get you the compensation you’re owed for your injuries.
Do not delay, as there are time limits for filing. According to the Texas law (CPRC Title 2, Subtitle B, Section 16.003), you generally have two years after the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, or the courts are likely to refuse to hear your case. To make sure your case is filed in a timely manner and evidence and witnesses can be found and preserved, call us for your free consultation right away. There are no fees to you unless and until we win your case.
Get Help Now, Call (713) 973-8888 or Toll-Free 1 (800) 444-5000