Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident?
Many car accidents are the result of negligence. When a careless driver causes your accident, he or she is also liable for paying the expenses you and your family have incurred after being victimized by their negligence. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident that was caused by someone’s negligence, an experienced car accident lawyer at Terry Bryant can help. We have extensive knowledge of the legal process and will thoroughly investigate your accident, collect evidence, and hold the negligent party accountable.
Here’s what we do to pursue justice for you:
- Investigate your accident thoroughly, often in conjunction with law enforcement
- Thoroughly assess all your damages, including current and future medical bills, all forms of lost income, and damaged property; compute pain and suffering; and submit a solid demand for damages to the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Negotiate aggressively – but in good faith – for the highest possible rightful damage award
- And, if negotiations fail, we fight just as hard in litigation to win full and fair compensation for your injuries
What Are The Most Common Cause of Car Crashes?
There are many potential causes of car accidents; but for most of them, there is one common underlying thread: negligence.
Here are the most common examples
- Distracted driving. Drivers have a responsibility to keep their eyes and their attention on the road all the time. Today there are so many in-car distractions, it’s a constant war for drivers to keep their eyes on the road and their “head in the driving game.” Texting, making phone calls, monitoring GPS, fiddling with auto infotainment systems, eating, putting on makeup, dealing with unruly children, even trying to have a normal conversation with a front-seat passenger, can all cause drivers to lose focus. And it only takes a momentary lapse of that focus to end up causing a fender-bender – or worse. In fact, it’s only in the past few years that the term “distracted driving” has become common in some of our newer traffic laws. It’s also why distracted drivers who cause car wrecks are held legally liable for injuries and other damages suffered by their crash victims.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs. Mothers Against Drunk Driving reports that every minute, someone is injured or killed in an alcohol-related crash. Getting behind the wheel of a car after drinking, using drugs, or taking prescription medication can severely impair a person’s ability to drive. The opioid crisis is also having an impact on road safety as the number of drivers who cause serious car wrecks while under the influence of Oxycodone and other “super-depressants” is consistently rising. In addition to criminal penalties, these drivers are on-the-hook for civil claim as well.
- Drowsy driving. The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety tells us that 328,000 drowsy driving crashes occur every year. And the National Safety Council (NSC) estimates that fatigue-related crashes resulting in injury or death cost our economy $109 billion annually. That same AAA Traffic Safety report also suggests that drivers who sleep only five or six hours in a 24-hour period are twice as likely to crash as those who get at least seven hours of sleep. So when a drowsy driver injures people in a car wreck, they too may be held liable for the injuries and destruction arising from the accidents they cause.
- Aggressive driving. Traffic laws are in place to protect drivers on the highway. Speeding, changing lanes abruptly, tailgating, running red lights, and other violations of these laws can all contribute to accidents and are another form of behind-the-wheel negligence.
Auto Accident Stats and Facts
From rush hours on I-10, to game-day bottlenecks around NRG Stadium or the Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park, driving in and around Houston involves dealing with distracted drivers, changing traffic patterns, and bumper-to-bumper congestion. But too many times these frustrating “inconveniences” can instantly become life-threatening events.
In 2017, The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) reported 713 traffic fatalities and 3,321 serious injuries in Harris County due to crashes. So you’re not alone if you’ve been injured in a car wreck. At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, our attorneys know the dangers drivers like you face every day, and the painful aftermath you and your family must deal with even months after a wreck. We work hard to help you get the full and fair compensation you need to pay your medical bills and support your family.
Contact An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Today
Our goal is for you to get better after your car accident and to relieve you of all of the responsibility of fighting for your full and fair compensatory damages to help make you and your family whole again. Call toll free at 1 (800) 444-5000 or fill out our online form to speak with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer today.
You owe us nothing unless we win at trial or accept (with your approval) the negotiated settlement. Don’t forget your initial consultation is free.