Damaged by Vaping? A Juul Injury Lawsuit Can Bring Compensation.
Can I Sue Juul?
Juul electronic cigarette vaping devices were introduced in 2015, originally marketed as a way to help adult smokers kick the habit. Instead, the device developed a new generation of nicotine addicts through aggressive social media campaigns and marketing, and vaping is connected to severe injuries, including nicotine poisoning; heart, lung, and respiratory problems; strokes and seizures; and suicide and death.
If you or your child has been injured or someone has died because of Juul, you may be able to receive compensation for your losses through a lawsuit against the company. However, Texas personal injury and product liability laws are complicated, and Juul has a team of lawyers on their side to fight against lawsuits, so it is important to know what your rights are and how to proceed.
Fortunately, there is legal help available. The Juul injury lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury law firm in Houston, Texas will examine the facts of your case and determine the best approach to take to get the settlement you deserve.
Juul users were led to believe they were safe when using e-cigarettes. With a major vaping lung disease outbreak sweeping the U.S., the public is learning that Juul’s products weren’t as safe as they were told. Now, Juul lawsuits are already in the works, and vaping lung disease sufferers have the chance to hold Juul accountable.
If you’re interested in filing a lawsuit against Juul, this is an important time. Don’t wait any longer to start building your case. Our Juul lawsuit attorneys are now accepting calls about taking legal action against the e-cigarette manufacturer.
We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation, and you pay nothing up front, so do not delay. Call us today to speak to a product injury lawyer. We want to help you better understand your legal options. Let’s hold Juul responsible for the harm caused by their products.
Get help from Terry Bryant today. Call us at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000.
Can I Sue Juul for Getting me Addicted?
Who Should Consider Filing a Juul Lawsuit?
Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law is accepting inquiries from people who have experienced serious injuries and illnesses because of Juul’s products. Many vaping lawsuits claim that Juul directed marketing to young people, and high nicotine levels in Juul pods led to addiction, possibly worsening the health dangers for people who have used Juul and other electronic cigarettes. People who qualify to file e-cigarette lawsuits have experienced a serious health condition connected to vaping and even from swallowing liquid in an e-cig’s pod while vaping.
People reporting vaping-related lung injury have experienced a variety of symptoms, including a persistent cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, fever, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Seizures, heart attacks, and strokes have also been reported.
We encourage anyone who meets the following criteria to contact us immediately.
- Someone who is 35 or under and experienced a major injury, such as a stroke, seizure, heart attack, lung collapse, or other serious respiratory issue(s) while vaping or within 45 minutes to an hour of vaping. If you are also a non-smoker, your case will have a greater chance of success.
- Any non-smoking youths (ages 18 and under to 26) who…
- became dependent on Juul,
- required medical intervention (such as rehab) to quit or have been unable to quit, and
- may or may not have experienced additional physical injuries.
If you’ve been given a confirmed medical diagnosis of nicotine dependence (nicotine addiction), your chances of a successful Juul lawsuit are even greater.
How Our Juul Lawsuit Lawyers Can Help You
When you contact the Juul injury lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we take steps to help you right away. We wi
- Meet with you to discuss the circumstances of your injury, determine the damages you received and the best way to pursue compensation, whether by individual or class action lawsuit
- Investigate the facts of what happened, gathering and preserving evidence, interviewing witnesses and medical providers, and obtaining medical and hospital records
- File all necessary forms, papers and documents
- Hire expert witnesses to testify as to how you were harmed by vaping and the care and costs you will have into the future
- Handle communications with insurance companies and lawyers and negotiate for a fair settlement
- Build your case and take it to trial if necessary.
Call Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law today at (713) 973-8888 while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found.
How do I Sue Juul?
Our Juul Injury Attorneys Can Advise You on Steps to a Successful Lawsuit
If you are considering a Juul lawsuit, the first thing to do is speak to an attorney who can advise you on your next steps and prevent costly mistakes. Our Juul attorney will work with you to determine how much you should demand in a claim and the best way to do so. You should avoid any correspondence with a representative of Juul or Juul’s insurance company and let us handle all correspondence and filings.
To win your lawsuit, our attorney would have to prove that:
- Juul (the defendant in the case) owed you a reasonable duty of care not to cause harm.
- Juul breached that duty of care by manufacturing and marketing a harmful product.
- The use of the product caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages as a result.
Claims in Juul lawsuits allege that:
- Juul marketed its products in a manner to attract minors. Juul has used social media channels like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to show images of young people vaping while doing fun things and used artwork featuring cartoons, animals, mascots, and school colors. The company designed vaping devices to mimic the look of a USB flash drive and flavored e-cigarettes to appeal to young people. The flavored cartridges have since been pulled from the market.
- Juul promoted nicotine use and failed to warn that its nicotine products are more potent and addictive than tobacco cigarettes. A typical Juul cartridge, or “pod,” contains about as much nicotine as a pack of 20 regular cigarettes, or an entire pack.
- The company’s products are defective and unreasonably dangerous.
Compensation You May Receive in a Juul Lawsuit
Suing Juul for a nicotine addiction alone is not likely to result in much compensation. However, if you or your child or other family member has suffered serious injury or has died because of Juul use, you have a much stronger case. The costs of treating and living with vaping-related lung illness can create a devastating financial burden, and Juul should have to pay for it.
In addition to being addictive, when used during adolescence, nicotine can impair lung and brain development. Plus, Juul contains many other chemicals in its vapor that are known carcinogens, such as benzoic acid, which has been linked to causing vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, sore throat, and coughs through constant exposure. And since the vapor can be smoother than the harsh irritants in regular cigarettes, Juul fools the user into thinking it is a healthier product. Once introduced to e-cigarettes, users may go on smoking regular cigarettes that can do even more damage.
In a successful lawsuit, our attorneys may win compensation for both your economic and non-economic damages. In some cases, punitive damages, meant to punish and make an example of a defendant, may be awarded as well.
Economic damages are to reimburse you for monetary expenses, such as:
- Cost of medical, hospital, and nursing care resulting from injuries
- Loss of wages and earning capacity.
Non-economic damages are compensation for the non-monetary negative effects on your life, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress caused by the injuries
- Loss of consortium and enjoyment of life.
If the injuries from Juul resulted in the death of a loved one, there may be grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit. This is a type of personal injury suit where damages are paid to the family or estate of the person who has died.
Damage Awards You May Receive
There is a wide range of damage awards you may potentially win in a Juul lawsuit. While e-cigarette lawsuits are still in the early stages and there have been no major individual settlements so far, there is a precedent for large settlements. The state of North Carolina filed the first successful Juul lawsuit, and in June 2021, the state won a $40 million settlement against Juul for designing, marketing, and selling its e-cigarettes to attract young people and for misrepresenting the potency and danger of nicotine in its products.
In addition, according to Truth Initiative, Big Tobacco companies named in e-cig lawsuits were part of the largest civil court settlement in United States history. In the 1998 tobacco settlement, tobacco companies agreed to pay $246 billion over 25 years to settle lawsuits with 46 states, the District of Columbia and five United States territories. The money was for compensation for taxpayer money that had been spent in connection with tobacco-related diseases and the loss to local economies.
No two vaping lung injury cases are the same. How much you should demand in compensation depends on the extent of the damages you have faced and the costs you need to have covered. When thinking about the amount you deserve for your injuries, consider…
The medical expenses you have encountered and will encounter because of your injury: Vaping lung disease can be devastating to your health. You might have required extensive medical care that includes hospitalization, tests, treatments, ongoing care, and medications. All these costs should be factored into your claim. You should also think about the costs you will face in the future, to be sure they are factored into the damages you demand in your Juul lawsuit.
The impact of your injury on your income: Maybe you’ve missed work because of your lung injury. Perhaps you can no longer do your job because of your condition. When filing a Juul lawsuit, pay close attention to how your injury has affected your income and how it will impact your ability to earn money in the future.
The pain and suffering you’ve experienced: Physical and emotional pain and suffering are considered non-economic damages, but they have very real financial consequences. They also greatly affect your quality of life.
The amount of damages you may win in a successful lawsuit would depend on a number of factors, such as:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The costs involved
- Whether you will need long-term care and treatment
- Whether you will be able to work
- Your age, family situation and earning capacity
- The skill and experience of your attorney.
When you’re considering filing a Juul lawsuit and you want to determine how much you are owed, consult Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law. It’s difficult to calculate the amount you deserve if you aren’t familiar with the process. We will help you determine a fair amount for your injuries.
Can I Sue Juul?
If you’re wondering whether you can sue Juul, the answer is yes — Juul must bear responsibility for the safety of its products. People suffering from vaping lung disease are now considering taking legal action against Juul, either as part of a Juul class action or as individual lawsuits.
Steps to Take Now for a Possible Juul Lawsuit
If you’re considering filing a lawsuit against Juul, follow these steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
- Keep track of all bills and medical records related to your condition.
- Keep a journal of the ways in which your condition has affected your life.
- Keep track of the work you’ve missed because of your injury.
- Contact our Juul injury lawyer to consider your legal options.
Now is an important time in the Juul lawsuit process. If you suffered damages, you can sue Juul. Don’t put off getting medical treatment or beginning the process of exploring your legal options.
Signs That Could Indicate Eligibility for a Juul Lawsuit
At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we are hearing from clients with Juul injuries that meet certain criteria. Please contact us immediately if you have…
- Used Juul E-Cigarettes AND
- Experienced one of the following induced by nicotine:
- Nicotine addiction
- Nicotine poisoning
- Heart problem(s), e.g., heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Lung problem(s), e.g., COPD, asthma, pneumonia, specific type of pneumonia (eosinophilic pneumonia, etc.)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Mental health/behavioral problems, e.g., suicide attempts, panic attacks, depression, anxiety, attention disorder, or an exacerbation of these conditions
- Birth defects
- Throat problem/injury
- Physical Injury, e.g., burn, broken jaw.
If you or a loved one has experienced these symptoms, we encourage you to contact our firm to review your legal options. When you reach out to us, simply tell us which of the above symptoms you have experienced. We know how important these claims are for people who are suffering from serious injuries and illnesses, and we believe that Juul should be held accountable for the harm its products have caused.
Juul Lawsuit for a Vaping Lung Injury Case
What is Vaping Lung Disease?
Vaping lung disease is a respiratory illness caused by vaping. Because the condition is relatively new, you will likely come across several terms used to describe it, including vaping lung injuries, vaping lung disease, and vaping-associated pulmonary injuries. The CDC seems to have settled on EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping use-associated lung injury) as the preferred term to talk about vaping lung disease.
Symptoms of EVALI, or vaping lung disease, include…
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pains
- Persistent coughing
- Abdominal pain
These are just a few examples of symptoms you might have experienced. If you notice these symptoms and use Juul’s products, seek immediate medical attention.
What Is in Juul and Other E-Cigarettes that Causes Lung Damage?
The medical community and federal investigators still don’t know exactly which e-liquid ingredients are causing users harm. It could be years before we understand the long-term impacts of vaping. Safety officials believe that flavored products are more dangerous because they contain far more ingredients than non-flavored products along with other e-cigarette dangers.
The CDC announced in November 2019 that vitamin E acetate is a “culprit of concern” in the vaping lung injury outbreak. Many manufacturers of THC cartridges (especially black-market manufacturers) use vitamin E acetate in their products. It’s important not to assume that vitamin E acetate is the only culprit in the vaping lung injury outbreak.
Vaping lung injury victims have included people who vape THC and a few who reportedly vaped no THC products. As Juul lawsuits continue to unfold and investigators examine products more closely, we will discover more about the ways in which e-cigarettes cause users harm. It’s possible that several factors contribute to vaping-related lung damage.
Learn About Your Legal Options from Our Juul Injury Lawyer
If you’re interested in filing a lawsuit against Juul, don’t hesitate to call our Juul injury attorneys. The momentum is building against Juul, so it is a critical time to consider your legal options. Whether you’re seeking information about a Juul class action or filing an individual lawsuit, we want to help you consider your options. We know what you are going through and are here to help.
When you work with Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we charge you nothing unless we win your case. Contact our team today for a free consultation.
Call Terry Bryant now at (713) 973-8888 or toll-free 1 (800) 444-5000.