When a baby is too large or the mother’s pelvic opening is too small, the baby is at risk for Shoulder Dystocia. This condition occurs when a baby’s head is delivered through the vagina, but the shoulders get stuck inside the mother’s body. Complications may cause injury to the mother and child, including some palsies.
- Brain damage or death as a result of lack of oxygen can be a devastating event, and consulting with a brain injury lawyer might be a crucial step for affected families
- broken arm or collar bone
- shaking or paralysis caused by injury to the nerves of the shoulder, arms, and hand
- bruising of the bladder
- heavy bleeding after delivery
- tearing of the uterus, vagina, cervix, or rectum
If you are concerned that your child is suffering from shoulder dystocia, contact the Houston birth injury lawyers at the accident and injury law office of Terry Bryant. If you suspect any form of child injury due to medical negligence, it’s crucial to consult with experienced child injury lawyers immediately. Call us today at 1 (800) 444-5000 or fill out a confidential and FREE initial consultation form, which only takes a few minutes to complete.