The legal process for your workers’ compensation claim depends on whether or not your employer has insurance coverage approved by the Texas Department of Insurance’s Division of Workers’ Compensation. Each claim is handled differently; however, you may hire a lawyer to help with both types of claims.
If your employer has coverage, the Houston workers’ compensation lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law can help you fill out the forms and file your paperwork for benefits. If you’ve already been denied, we can also help you file an appeal. There are four steps in the appeal process, including benefit review conference, arbitration or contested case hearing, and appeals panel.
If your employer is a nonsubscriber, you can’t receive workers’ compensation benefits, but you still may be entitled to money for your injuries, which your employer can be held responsible for. Fill out a FREE initial consultation form and find out if you have a case. Our Houston workers’ compensation lawyers will investigate your claim and fight to protect your rights.
HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR CLAIM
There are a number of things you can do to prepare for your workers’ compensation claim:
- Report your accident to your employer and keep a copy of the report for your records.
- Get medical treatment. Be sure to explain to your doctor how the injury or illness occurred.
- Keep a list of all your medical appointments and medications and follow your doctor’s advice.
- Do not return to work before you’re cleared from the doctor and before you’ve fully recovered.
- Do not sign anything from the insurance company without consulting with your Houston workers’ compensation attorney first.
Terry Bryant is a former judge and is Board Certified in personal injury law. Our firm has more than 30 years of experience protecting the rights of injured victims. Put our experience to work for you. Contact us today.
Workers’ Compensation cases likely to be referred.