It is important for passengers on trains to remember they have rights as well. Train companies must provide their passengers a safe environment—while boarding, traveling on, and departing the train.
In 2010, 927 passengers were injured in a train incident. If you suffered a train injury and need help filing a claim, contact the Houston train accident attorneys at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law. You can fill out a FREE initial consultation form or call 1 (800) 444-5000 to tell us about your case.
The laws that protect railroad workers differ from the laws that protect train passengers. At Terry Bryant, we have an extensive knowledge of the legal system and can help you navigate your case. Terry Bryant is a Board Certified attorney and former judge who always fights to win. Let our Houston train accident lawyers fight for you.
PASSENGER SAFETY TIPS
As a passenger, here are some things you can do to ensure safe travels:
- be alert in train stations and never leave your belongings unattended
- avoid overcrowding and pushing as passengers enter or depart a train
- keep luggage and belongings out of train aisles
- never stay in-between train cars while the train is moving
- know where your exits and emergency alarms are located
- know where the train operators and staff are located in case of emergency
- if your train has a door, keep it shut while sleeping