Houston Work Injury Attorney
A work injury attorney should be your first call after suffering a serious injury on the job. You’re hurt, stressed, and struggling to make ends meet. An attorney at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law can get you the compensation you’re entitled to.
Call (713) 973-8888 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced work injury lawyer. We know what you’re going through, and we know how to get results. Put your trust in us, so you can focus on your health and recovery.
Work Injury Lawyers You Can Trust
When you’re injured, you will start to notice several advertisements, billboards, and commercials for personal injury attorneys. There are plenty of personal injury firms out there, but not all firms are the same. You deserve a work injury attorney with a track record of getting results. Let us tell you what sets Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law apart.
Why Choose Us
We’re dedicated to getting results and providing our clients with the best possible service. Our achievements speak to our team’s hard work and dedication, but we’re equally proud of the relationships we form with clients.
- Terry Bryant is a former judge and a Board Certified* personal injury trial lawyer in Texas (by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization).
- We’ve won several multimillion-dollar work injury cases on behalf of injured workers.
- Our team has been given several awards that reflect our dedication to providing clients with the highest level of service.
These distinctions represent how committed we are to our clients, but we believe there is always extremely important work to do on behalf of injured workers and their families. Contact us today to find out what we can do for you and your loved ones.
What Our Work Injury Lawyers Do
You can trust Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law to do the heavy lifting while you focus on your health and recovery. We look for every advantage in your case, while always focusing on the end goal of getting you maximum compensation for your work-related injuries.
- We handle every aspect of your case, including paperwork, case-building, and correspondence and negotiation with the necessary parties.
- We serve as your representative, so you don’t have to deal with insurance companies.
- We consult world-class experts, build the strongest case possible, and prepare your case for a potential trial.
Your case is as important to us as it is to you. We do everything we can to make your life as simple as possible while you recover from your injuries.
How We Help Workers Injured on the Job
From determining how much you deserve, to fighting relentlessly to make sure you get that payment, we are fierce advocates throughout every step of the process. Here’s how we can help you…
- We determine how much you should be given in payment by reviewing your medical bills and work history, in addition to calculating how much future earnings and expenses your injury will cost.
- We demand payment that reflects the suffering you’ve experienced. We always aim to get our clients the maximum compensation possible.
- We keep you updated about the progress of your case, and we answer any questions you have along the way.
- We connect you with the help you need to get your life back to normal. When you work with our firm, you are also working with other seasoned professionals who are well-regarded in their respective fields.
These are just a few of the many things we will do once we accept your case. We cater our services to meet your specific, individual needs.
We’re proud of the work we’ve done for our clients, and we believe our past results show how dedicated we are to helping injured people. However, we know that the most important cases are the ones we’re handling today. Schedule a free consultation with a Houston work injury lawyer at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law to find out how we can help you. Give us a call at (713) 973-8888 or fill out our online contact form to get started.
Types of Damages You Can Recover in a Work Injury Case
The potential benefits to be recovered can vary from state to state depending on their workers’ compensation laws. While some states have a particular dollar amount or rating system corresponding to each type of damage, others do not require employers to carry this insurance. For instance, Texas introduced the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act to protect the employer and affected individual. The rules and outcome for a claim can depend upon a company’s choice of whether to participate in the insurance program. In those states that require compensation for such accidents, individuals may receive benefits for things such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Death benefits for surviving family.
The types of compensation you can expect depends on the legal path you decide to take. The amount of payment you seek will depend on the expenses you have encountered because of your injuries. Some injuries are far more costly than others. A minor injury might cost a worker a few thousand dollars, while a permanently disabling injury could cost a worker millions of dollars in medical bills and lost income.
How Much Does a Job Injury Lawyer Cost?
Lawyers can choose how they are paid. Some lawyers might choose to be paid at a certain rate or ask for a flat fee for a given project. Texas work injury lawyers typically work on a contingency fee basis. This means that if you file a lawsuit against a third party, for example, your attorney will be paid from the compensation you receive.
One of the most appealing aspects of hiring an attorney who works on a contingency fee basis is that you pay them only if they win your case. At Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law, we work on a contingency fee basis, which ensures that our clients won’t be forced to carry significant costs if we don’t get them the compensation they’re seeking. We believe in our work injury attorneys, and we have confidence that we will get results. If we don’t, you won’t pay us a dime.
7 Steps You Should Take to Help Your Work Injury Case
After a serious workplace injury, you can improve your chances of getting the compensation you deserve by taking a few important steps. In general, the more thorough you are in keeping records and the more closely you follow your doctor’s advice, the better positioned you’ll be to get a good result. Let’s look at some specific actions you can take to maximize your chances of a successful work injury case.
- Report your injury immediately. As soon as you are injured, you should tell your supervisor about it. After that, prepare a written statement that you can formally submit to your employer. If you’ve contacted a work injury lawyer at this point, your attorney can help you draft a statement.
- Make a habit of documenting everything. In the days, weeks, and months following your injury, you will likely receive several bills and correspondence from your employer or their insurance company. Keep track of all these documents and consider making copies of everything you receive related to your injury.
- Never attempt to fight through your pain. Some workers try to ignore pain and go about their lives as if they never suffered a serious injury. This not only sets you back physically, it could hurt your chances of being taken seriously when demanding the compensation that you deserve.
- Listen to your doctor. Your doctor will likely give you clear instructions about what you should and shouldn’t do. Make sure you follow your doctor’s orders. This will both quicken your recovery and show that you are taking your injuries with the seriousness they deserve.
- Don’t return to work if you are still injured. You might feel pressure, from either yourself or your employer, to get back to work as quickly as possible. However, doing so could set you back and indicate that your injury no longer limits your work capacity. Always be mindful of your injury, and never go back to work until you are ready to do so.
- Don’t talk to any insurance representative that isn’t your own. You might be contacted by your employer’s insurance company or, if your injury was caused by a third party, a representative of someone else’s insurance company. Anytime you are speaking to an insurance company that isn’t your own, refer them to your attorney and say nothing else.
- Don’t accept an offer without talking to an experienced work injury lawyer. When you accept an offer from your employer or the party at fault for your injury, you want to be sure it is enough to meet your needs. Don’t leave money on the table; speak to a work injury lawyer who can help you understand what you are entitled to by our justice system.
In the period following your injury, remember that your actions can impact the amount of compensation you are offered. If you try to power through your injury without complaint, your actions – however well-intentioned – could be misinterpreted, and an insurance company or your employer could make the argument that you were never really injured.
Be honest with yourself about your limitations and the pain you’re experiencing. Don’t push yourself back to work. Keep copies of any bills or documents related to your injury. Your actions will be helpful when it comes time for your work injury lawyer to make your case.
When you’re ready to speak to a Houston work injury attorney, contact Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law. We know how to deal with employers and insurance companies to make sure they will treat you fairly. Contact our team today by calling (713) 973-8888 or filling out our online contact form. We offer free consultations to help you better understand your legal options.
The Importance of Work Injury Claims
Filing a successful injury claim is often a complicated process. There are many state and federal regulations that determine how an injured employee may go about filing a claim. Some industries have special rules that must be followed. Also, many employers will attempt to thwart a claim before and during the litigation process. Managing all of these obstacles can be overwhelming for a victim already dealing with rehabilitation, medical care, and financial difficulties.
For these reason, many victims turn to experienced personal injury lawyers to help them through the process. Knowledgeable legal representation may significantly improve the chances of a successful claim.
No worker should feel disadvantaged when demanding payment that is rightfully theirs. Hiring an attorney lessens the stress and worry that a worker might be experiencing, allowing them to prioritize their own health and recovery. These claims are essential in the U.S. because they establish accountability on the part of employers.
INDUSTRIES WITH COMMON WORKPLACE ACCIDENTS
There are many industries where workplace accidents are common. Injuries on the job may be caused by something as simple as a coworker’s forgetting to shut off a processing machine or something as complex as developing mesothelioma or another permanent health condition. Oil refinery and platform fires and explosions can result in serious injury or loss of life.
Construction, oil and gas production, manufacturing, transportation – these are some of the most dangerous industries for workers. In some cases, employees in these industries are covered by workers’ compensation insurance. Other industries, like construction, are notorious for hiring workers on contract, even though they’d be more appropriately classified as employees. If a worker isn’t covered by workers’ compensation, they still have several legal options available to get the compensation they deserve.
OCCUPATIONAL DEATH AND INJURY STATISTICS
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 5,147 workers were killed in 2017 while on the job, most of them a result of workplace accidents. That’s about 99 deaths a week or around 14 a day. The construction industry was responsible for the most deaths, with 971, or 21%. In the construction industry, the vast majority of severe and fatal incidents are due to falls or being struck by a heavy object. Some occupations, however, involve unique risks. In the woodworking industry, employees often have to use dangerous machinery like table saws. Safety technology exists to make these table saws almost completely safe to work with, and yet many manufacturers neglect to incorporate this technology in their machines due to its cost. As a result, many avoidable workplace accidents may result in permanent harm or disfigurement.
In 2017, 2.8 million nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses were reported by private industry employers. That’s more than 7,000 workplace injuries every day in the United States. These statistics highlight just how vulnerable workers are to injuries and illnesses on the job. Work injury claims not only offer individual workers the chance to get the compensation they deserve, they also demand accountability on behalf of employers. As the statistics show, this accountability is sorely needed in American workplaces.
FILING A CLAIM
Claims filed due to workplace accidents are handled in a similar fashion to other damage claims. Following an incident, a personal injury lawyer can help determine the victim’s legal options and gather the information needed for the claim. Once this is done, the attorney will send the defendant a demand package that will outline what the victim needs as compensation and details relevant to the case.
If the defendant refuses to meet the victim’s settlement demands, the attorney will argue the case on the victim’s behalf in court. A veteran personal injury lawyer increases the probability of a successful outcome, and most do not charge anything unless compensation is awarded.
BENEFITS OF HIRING A WORK INJURY ATTORNEY IN HOUSTON
Knowledgeable job injury lawyers can handle the entire process for their clients. Not only will they determine eligibility for each type of compensation, they will understand any relevant laws in their state, including the applicable statute of limitations. In some cases, such as claim denials, permanent injuries, and death, there may be a need to further the case in the legal system.
Work injury claims can seem overwhelming for someone struggling with the fallout of a serious injury. When you hire a skilled work injury attorney, you can relax. Find an attorney that will take the weight off your shoulders, so you can focus on reclaiming your life.
From providing guidance and information to taking on the legal proceedings, a work injury attorney’s main goal is to know and guard the client’s legal rights from start to finish. During an already stressful and even painful time, having a reputable work injury attorney can give the victim some needed peace of mind.
After suffering a serious injury on the job, there will be opportunities to get maximum compensation you deserve. There will also be the potential for making mistakes that could set your claim back. Your attorney will make sure you don’t make unforced errors and that your claim is best positioned for success.
Contact a Work Injury Lawyer in Houston Today
Workers give so much to their jobs. They give their time, effort and loyalty to employers. They sacrifice a great deal for their jobs, so it’s only fair that employers should do their part when a worker suffers a serious on-the-job injury. Sadly, too many workers get denied this basic right.
The work injury lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law will make sure you’re treated with the respect and dignity you deserve. We handle the process and let you focus on you. Our results speak volumes about our team’s abilities, but we want to talk about your case, so you can better understand your legal options.
Not sure whether you want to move forward with a work injury claim? We offer free case evaluations, and you are under no obligation to file a claim if you don’t wish to do so. Contact the Houston work injury lawyers at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law today to get started.