Things to Think About Before Calling an Attorney
Depending on how an accident happens, a victim may wait to call an attorney until days—even weeks—after the event occurs. Before calling an attorney about an auto accident, here are some details to think about to prepare for an initial consultation:
- When did the accident happen?
- What road were you traveling on?
- What were the weather conditions?
- How did the impact occur?
- Did you exchange information with the other driver?
- Were there any witnesses?
- Have you notified your insurance company?
- Have you spoken to the other driver’s insurance company?
- Did you give a recorded statement ?
- What kind of injuries did you sustain?
- Have you received any medical treatment?
- Have you lost any time from work?
All of these questions are important to evaluating a potential claim. So an attorney can best assist you, you should think about these questions and have any paperwork that you may have collected available when you call an attorney for help.