Department of Labor Website to Claim Unpaid Overtime Pay

by Terry Bryant

Have you worked more than 40 hours in a week without paid overtime by your employer?

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), first enacted in 1938, establishes overtime pay, minimum wage, record-keeping and child labor standards affecting all workers – full-time and part-time – in the private sector as well as in federal, state, and local governments.

In general, unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for those hours worked that exceed 40 in a work week. That overtime pay will not be less than time and one-half of their regular pay. The Act does not mandate overtime pay for weekend or holiday work unless overtime hours are worked on those days.

The U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hours Division (WHD) is responsible for enforcing our nation’s labor laws. After investigating violations, unpaid wages on behalf of U.S. employees are often recovered.

If you believe that you or a family member may be owed back wages that have been collected by WHD, search our database beginning with the employer’s name. You can submit a claim if you find that you are due money.

Please call us now at 800-444-5000 to explore other legal remedies.

If you or any family member has been injured by an auto accident or any other type of personal injury, it’s important to get an attorney experienced in these types of cases involved immediately. Call 800-444-5000 for your initial free consultation. The Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law Firm can help you determine whether you need a lawyer for any incident or any personal injury case.