The Houston auto accident attorneys at Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law handles a variety of auto-related accidents. We have extensive knowledge of the auto accident legal process, and our team of litigators and support staff is prepared to help you today.
There is unique information you should know if you’ve been injured in any of the following car accidents:
CAR PRODUCT LIABILITY
Did you know that if your crash was caused by or impacted by a preventable defective car product, the manufacturer may be responsible? Our Houston auto accident attorneys want to help you if you are suffering from a wreck caused by any of the following:
- defective air bag, door latch, or tire and tread separation
- gas tank explosion
- occupant ejection
- roof crush accident
- seat belt or seat back failure
- SUV or 15-passenger van rollover accident
- other defective car product
In Texas, there are laws to protect both drivers and pedestrians, including:
- Pedestrians must yield to vehicles on the roadway if crossing the street at a place other than a marked crosswalk or pedestrian tunnel or crossing. If a pedestrian is hit while jaywalking, the driver may not be liable, and his or her auto insurance may not cover the pedestrian’s injuries.
- Pedestrians must stay on sidewalks and the right side of crosswalks. Drivers are supposed to yield the right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- If the road has no sidewalk, pedestrians should walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
Bicyclists have the same rights as other motorists and pedestrians on the road, but according to the National Highway Safety Administration, in 2008, more than 700 bicyclists were killed, and an additional 52,000 were injured in traffic crashes.
Motorcycle riders in Texas are not required to wear helmets if they can show proof of completing a motorcycle operator training and safety course and proof of insurance. As of September 1, 2009, Texas motorcyclists are only required to carry a standard proof of health insurance, not the $10,000 minimum previously required.
ROAD RAGE ACCIDENT
Road rage caused by traffic jams, crowded parking lots, and unpredictable traffic conditions can lead to aggressive driving that causes serious accidents. Our Texas car accident lawyers believe that innocent drivers shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s irresponsibility, and we’re here to help if you’ve been injured in an accident caused by road rage.
Check out the video below for tips on staying calm during stressful situations behind the wheel and stopping road rage before it leads to an accident:
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2009, there were close to 400,000 total truck-related crashes. More than 2,000 of those were fatal and close to 50,000 resulted in serious injuries.
No matter what kind of car crash you have been involved in, our Texas car accident lawyers want to help. Fill out a free initial consultation form or call (800) 444-5000 to find out what we can do for you.