Auto Accident Archive
Why do I need a lawyer?
What is the Texas Statute of Limitations?
Texas law states there is a certain amount of time in which you can file a claim for damages after a crash occurs. This time limit is known as the Statute of Limitations. In Texas, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim.
To learn more about the Texas Statute of Limitations, contact Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law at (800) 444-5000 or fill out a FREE initial consultation form.
Who is at fault?
We cannot determine who is at fault without first examining the facts and evidence pertaining to your case. Fault is determined by negligence. Whether your wreck was caused by a reckless driver or a car product defect, your lawyer will evaluate a number of factors to determine who acted with the most negligence and is responsible for your car crash.
We have an extensive knowledge of the evidence, procedure, and legal process necessary to determine fault in your case. It’s our job to protect your rights if you are not at fault for your auto accident.
To learn more about who is responsible for your wreck, contact Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law at (800) 444-5000 or fill out a FREE initial consultation form.
How do I file an insurance claim?
The first step to getting compensation for your car crash is filing an insurance claim. Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law can help.
1. Call Your Insurance Company: Let you insurance company know immediately if you are in a wreck. However, don’t give any verbal or written statements without talking to us first.
2. Complete the Claim Form: Your insurance agent will provide you with or direct you to a claim form, which you can complete using information from your police report.
3. Assess the Damages: The insurance company will assess the damages to your vehicle by completing a physical inspection and/or estimate your medical costs by consulting your doctor.
To learn more about how to deal with the insurance company, contact Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law at (800) 444-5000 or fill out a FREE initial consultation form.
What should I do after a car crash?
There are a number of steps you can take after a car crash that may improve your chances of getting the compensation that is owed to you. We recommend that all of our clients follow these steps:
1. Contact the Police: Get a copy of the police report. You may have to go to the police station to file a report if an officer did not come to or provide you one at the scene of the accident.
2. Put Together the Pieces: Draw a diagram of the wreck and write down the contact information for all the parties involved, including witnesses.
3. See Your Doctor: Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, our Houston auto accident attorneys recommend that all our clients see a doctor immediately because sometimes injuries take time to present themselves.
4. Contact Terry Bryant: Our attorneys and experienced support staff have extensive knowledge of the law and we want to help you.
Download this form to put in your glove box.
To learn more about how to handle the aftermath of your car wreck, contact Terry Bryant Accident & Injury Law at (800) 444-5000 or fill out a FREE initial consultation form.